Thursday 10 May 2012

Good evening everyone, here's my prep for tomorrow. I'm posting early because this past week has been a real struggle psychologically for me. I'm not losing huge pips or anything but I'm struggling to pull the trigger. This all started last Friday with an idiotic trade I placed around the NFP's. Making this poor decision knocked my confidence in my ability to make the right decision and I've ended up avoiding the trades I've known were right and then jumping into poor ones chasing price. I just need to draw a line under it, go through my trades, reset my goals and I'll see you all on Monday morning. NB due to this being prepared on Thursday night I obviously can't fill everything out. Have a great Friday...

FRIDAY DATA (Trade reaction):
  • 0230 CHI CPI BTE = short USD, WTE = long USD
  • 0230 CHI PPI BTE = short USD, WTE = long USD
  • 0630 CHI Ind Prod BTE = short USD, WTE = long USD
  • 0630 CHI Retail Sales BTE = short USD, WTE = long USD
  • 0700 GER CPI BTE = long EUR, WTE =short EUR
  • 0930 UK PPI BTE = long GBP, WTE =short GBP
  • ???? UK 10yr bond BTE = long GBP, WTE =short GBP
  • 1200 CAD  jobs BTE = long CAD, WTE =short CAD
  • 1330 US PPI  BTE = long USD, WTE =short USD
  • 1330 CAD jobs rate BTE = long CAD, WTE =short CAD
  • 1455 US CSI BTE = long USD, WTE =short USD


NEWS:
  • Keep your eyes and ears open for news on Greek political news!!

ID (Emotional Bias/reaction to news): ???
Watch out for: data throughout day and news on GRE.
Plan: CHI data will likely set AM direction unless there is significant news about GRE over night. Try and trade with the prevailing trend but lighten up around data results most significantly...
  1. 0930 UK PPI BTE = long GBP, WTE =short GBP
  2. ???? UK 10yr bond BTE = long GBP, WTE =short GBP (keep Bloomberg on for updates)
  3. 1200 CAD  jobs BTE = long CAD, WTE =short CAD
  4. 1330 US PPI  BTE = long USD, WTE =short USD
  5. 1330 CAD jobs rate BTE = long CAD, WTE =short CAD
  6. 1455 US CSI BTE = long USD, WTE =short USD
Potential Trades: ???

Personal Notes: Good luck to you all and remember to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment